bankcpa

Default Word doc linking to Excel doc

Using Mirosoft Office 2003 on XP
I created a Word document and have linked it to an Excel document. The
documents were used as templates. I copied the Word document to many
differenct drives and linked them to the Excel documents that contianed each
individuals information. This worked beautifully until . . .I changed the
name of the Excel document. Now the Word document is linking to the
"template" and not to the individual Excel document. What happened and how
can I reconstruct the Word document to link to the individual Excel documents
again?