Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Say it Ain't So - Word 2007/Vista have taken away my Color Control

What you see is what you get.

RBlan wrote:
From Windows 3.1 through XP I have been able to choose all the colors
I must look at while working in Word all day long. I like warm gray
border elements and maybe very low saturation blue-green title bars.

Now I have to look at that baby blue color scheme for the rest of my
life and think of baby puke as I write? Yes, color IS subjective,
dontchaknow.

Really, the philosophy behind decreasing the scope of user choice and
imposing a single color scheme on everyone smacks of arrogance out of
control and beyond belief!

Yes, I turned off Aero and went back to Classic. (And I sort of liked
Aero, despite its low-visibility titles problem) Classic works for
Notepad, IE, etc. It makes no difference on others: Word will be
blue, and so will Windows Live Mail (a different blue -- go figure),
and who knows what else. No more blue screen of death, just life
imprisonment, eh?

Or maybe, I'm just missing that magic control panel that allows you
to make things just the way you like them? I'm about ready to
downgrade to XP, I think. This is getting frustrating...