Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cvarner cvarner is offline

Default Paste large Excel spreadsheet into Word

I've run into an issue with pasting from Excel 2007 into a Word 2007
document, using the "link" paste paste special option and pasting as RTF. For
the most part it comes in to Word great, but since it spans several pages, I
like to have the top line or lines "repeat as header" lines on each page. No
problem, I can go and modify the table in Word the way I like it.
The problem comes when the Excel spreadsheet changes and I want to update
the link in Word. All the formatting I have made to the table, such as header
lines, keep with next, unchecking the default "allow line to break across
pages", go away when I update the link. This happens whether or not I have
checked the "preserve formatting after update" in the Links configuration
editor.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chris