WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I remove 'total editing' time from Word File Properties?

  1. 1. Open the Word document that you want to remove the 'total editing time' from.
    2. Click on the 'File' tab in the top left corner of the screen.
    3. Click on 'Info' in the left-hand menu.
    4. Click on the 'Properties' dropdown menu and select 'Advanced Properties'.
    5. In the 'Properties' window that appears, click on the 'Statistics' tab.
    6. You should see an option for 'Total editing time'. Simply delete the value in the box next to it.
    7. Click 'OK' to save the changes and close the 'Properties' window.

That's it! The 'total editing time' should now be removed from the File Properties display. Keep in mind that this will only remove the 'total editing time' from this specific document. If you want to prevent Word from tracking 'total editing time' in all future documents, you can go to the 'Options' menu in Word and uncheck the 'Track formatting and edits' option under the 'Advanced' tab.