Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Problem typing / inserting dash in Word 2003

Are you saying that the Ctrl+minus sign on the numeric keypad (for en dash)
and Alt+Ctrl+minus sign on the numeric keypad are not working? Did you check
the key assignments in the Customize Keyboard dialog box?

Does AutoCorrect work?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Minni" wrote:

My "-" isn't working in Word. Works in all other MS programs. I can insert
the minus sign on my number pad, but not the dash that is also on the
underscore key. I've been doing that, or inserting the dash as a symbol as a
work-around. I'd like to be able to do it the normal way, though.
I had installed APPIP, a government formatting template, but have since
removed it. I don't know if that caused the problem, but it seems to have
coincided w/ the installation of this tool.
I appreciate any help. Thanks!