Jay Freedman

Hi Tom,

The "keyboard layout" refers to a setting in Windows, not the hardware or
the setting in Word.

Go to http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm and follow one
of the two procedures under "Set the desired default language in Windows",
depending on your Windows version. I'd recommend that you also follow the
remaining procedures there, in case other things are messed up.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

tomv44 wrote:
Sounds reasonable, but I selected the keyboard from a drop down
definitive list to set up the keyboard; i.e. "Microsoft Wireless
Multimedia Keyboard", which directed me to check the model on the
bottom of same.

Perhaps you refer to a selection within the Word programme itself?
Directions please. And thank you very much for your time. Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You've probably got an international keyboard layout selected
instead of English (U.S.).

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Tom V" Tom wrote in message
When I include a word or phrase in quotation marks, the actual
marks do not appear until the next character is keyed. I am used to
seeing them appear immediately. This occurred spontaneously. I know
there is a checkbox somewhere to remedy this, but I can't find it .
It probably has something to do with accented letters. My version
of Word is 2002. Thank you.