Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Quick Bookmark Shift F5 WordPerfect Control+Shift+Q

You could create a couple macros to do this. Something like:

Sub AddBookmark()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Name:="StartHere"
End Sub

Sub GotoBookmark()
Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="StartHere"
End Sub

Then you can assign Ctrl+Q and Ctrl+Shift+Q to them.

If you want to create these macros yourself, go to Tools/Macro/Record Macro
and record a macro for inserting your bookmark (Insert/Bookmark). Then
record another macro for using the Go To dialog box to navigate to the
bookmark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"bretsharon" wrote in message
I know about Shift F5, but I want a bookmark that does not change as I go
along and move about in the document, as Shift F5 appears to do. and I
don's
want to have to give it a name....this takes too long.

In WordPerfect, you press Control+Shift+Q and it sets a bookmark wherever
the curser is. To go to that spot, you press Control+Q. That spot will
always be there no matter what. To change it, you press Control+Shift+Q
again at a new spot.