Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Ism Melissa Ism is offline

Default Cross Referencing to Numbers

Hi folks, Desperately need help on this!

I'm having trouble with Cross Referencing this particular scenario.
(normally i'm ok at it for headings etc.)

I have created a procedure in a table format, with a task on each row. The
first column being the task number, and the next column being the description
of the task to perform.

At the end of each description I want to be able to say "now continue to
task x (eg 7)". And I want the task 7 number to be cross referenced to the
first column with the number in it.

Therefore if I add in an extra row earlier in the procedure that the
document will now update (by pressing F9), so that my procedure would now say
"continue with task 8" without me having to manually go in and update
everything.

I hope this makes sense! Many thanks in advance for your help!