OJFEnterprises

Default Making mail merge fields read-only

Hi all!

I created a basic Word document with data coming from a SQL Server
database.

Here's what I'm trying to do...I want to make data from a mail merge
field read-only (you can't change the "data" pulled into the document,
but CAN change the cosmetics (bold,underline, font size, etc.)

I don't want to make the entire document read-only (but that can be a
last resort).

I do see there is a .Locked property, which doesn't quite work for me
since in this case I want to make the value that is pulled down
read-only, not lock it down for subsequent refreshes (which is how I
understand the .Locked property.) Maybe I'm using it wrong?
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!