Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave D-C[_2_] Dave D-C[_2_] is offline

Default font - Apple Chancery, for example

Bingo -- that's where they are. Google gives one hit:
http://www.gfdi.fsu.edu/Files/Printe...r/xrx8500n.ppd

My (Xerox Phaser 8500N) doc specs says there are 139 PostScript Type 1
and 81 PCL Fonts. I don't want them. I may have deleted them via
Start/Settings/ControlPanel/Fonts, but they are still in the printer
driver. (I see a *.ppd file is a PostScript Printer Description.)

I'll check with Xerox to see if there is a utility or install option
to get rid of them. Or at least list them. Are there any Windows
functions that work with printer resident fonts? Thanks a bunch.

wrote:
Are these fonts resident in your printer?

D-C wrote:
When I hit Format/Fonts, I see many fonts that I don't have.
For example Apple Chancery. [They are not in my Fonts directory]
I don't want the fonts, but I also don't want them to appear in the list.