Doug Robbins

Function ConvertCurrencyToEnglish(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Temp
Dim Dollars, Cents
Dim DecimalPlace, Count

ReDim Place(9) As String
Place(2) = " Thousand "
Place(3) = " Million "
Place(4) = " Billion "
Place(5) = " Trillion "

MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber))

DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, ".")
If DecimalPlace 0 Then
Temp = Left(Mid(MyNumber, DecimalPlace + 1) & "00", 2)
Cents = ConvertTens(Temp)
MyNumber = Trim(Left(MyNumber, DecimalPlace - 1))
End If
Count = 1
Do While MyNumber ""
'convert last 3 digits to English Dollars
Temp = ConvertHundreds(Right(MyNumber, 3))
If Temp "" Then Dollars = Temp & Place(Count) & Dollars
If Len(MyNumber) 3 Then
'remove last 3 comverted digits
MyNumber = Left(MyNumber, Len(MyNumber) - 3)
Else
MyNumber = ""
End If
Count = Count + 1
Loop

'clean up dollars
Select Case Dollars
Case ""
Dollars = "NoDollars"
Case "One"
Dollars = "One Dollar"
Case Else
Dollars = Dollars & " Dollars"
End Select

'clean up cents
Select Case Cents
Case ""
Cents = " And No Cents"
Case "One"
Cents = " And One Cent"
Case Else
Cents = " And " & Cents & " Cents"
End Select
ConvertCurrencyToEnglish = Dollars & Cents
End Function
Private Function ConvertHundreds(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Result As String
If Val(MyNumber) = 0 Then Exit Function

'append leading zeros to number
MyNumber = Right("000" & MyNumber, 3)

'do we have hundreds place digit to convert?
If Left(MyNumber, 1) "0" Then
Result = ConvertDigit(Left(MyNumber, 1)) & " Hundred "
End If

'do we have tens place digit to convert?
If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) "0" Then
Result = Result & ConvertTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
Else
'if not, then convert the ones place digit
Result = Result & ConvertDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
End If
ConvertHundreds = Trim(Result)
End Function
Private Function ConvertTens(ByVal MyTens)
Dim Result As String
'is value between 10 and 19?
If Val(Left(MyTens, 1)) = 1 Then
Select Case Val(MyTens)
Case 10: Result = "Ten"
Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
Case Else
End Select
Else
Select Case Val(Left(MyTens, 1))
Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
Case 4: Result = "Forty "
Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
Case Else
End Select

'convert ones place digit
Result = Result & ConvertDigit(Right(MyTens, 1))
End If
ConvertTens = Result
End Function
Private Function ConvertDigit(ByVal MyDigit)
Select Case Val(MyDigit)
Case 1: ConvertDigit = "One"
Case 2: ConvertDigit = "Two"
Case 3: ConvertDigit = "Three"
Case 4: ConvertDigit = "Four"
Case 5: ConvertDigit = "Five"
Case 6: ConvertDigit = "Six"
Case 7: ConvertDigit = "Seven"
Case 8: ConvertDigit = "Eight"
Case 9: ConvertDigit = "Nine"
Case Else: ConvertDigit = ""
End Select
End Function
Sub TestAboveFunction()
Dim MyNumber
MyNumber = 551521896.32
MsgBox ConvertCurrencyToEnglish(ByVal MyNumber)
End Sub

Or, here's another way.

Amount = Selection.Text

Dollars = Int(Val(Amount))

cents = Int((Val(Amount) - Dollars) * 100)

Selection.Delete

Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _

PreserveFormatting:=False

Selection.TypeText Text:="=" & Dollars & " \* CardText \* Caps"

Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=2

Selection.TypeText Text:=" Dollars and "

Macro to convert number to dollars and cents

Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _

PreserveFormatting:=False

Selection.TypeText Text:="=" & cents & " \* CardText \* Caps"

Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=2

Selection.TypeText Text:=" cents"

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"RKS" wrote in message
Pl tell me How to create function to convert numeric value in english word
format.
Ex. 456.23 ( four hundred fiftty six and paise twenty three).
Pl give me permananent solution. every time when we open word or excel
its.
work.

Thanks in advance.
R.K.Sharma