Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Connie Connie is offline

Default In Word 2003 when mail merge how do I delete an empty field?

Yes, I do mean empty. However, the situation would be, for example, in my
mail merge I have a field for "name". The mail merge is set up with a line
stating Attn: name Some records do not have an entry for name and on
the mail merge if the name field is empty I want that line skipped in the
merge ie do not print the word Attn.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

By blank do you mean empty? If so you can conditionally insert the content
of that field eg

{IF{Mergefield fieldname} "" "{Mergefield fieldname}"}

connie wrote:
When a defined field is blank how do I tell mail merge to skip that
field on that one merge?