Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How does one "Show text boundary in 2007"

Have you examined all the interlocking settings of margins and indents
and Styles and all that stuff that could be affecting your display?
Check the Paragraph display (where you set line spacing etc.), the
Page Layout display (all three tabs), where you set page size,
margins, etc.), and the Styles panel (where you Modify or Create New,
etc.), and even look in the Header & Footer to see if there's
something there that shouldn't be.

Sometimes they can surprise you. Especially if it's only one file
that's misbehaving!

On May 20, 11:40*am, Bill wrote:
Stefan,

I just saw your recent response on this subject and while I've been a
Word user for years, I never had the "need" to show "text boundary"
but decided to try your advice on several of my files and it worked as
advertized. I then tried it on another file and the text boundary went
all the way to the left margin (1" away from the start of the text)!
Try as I might, I could not get the text boundary to close in around
the text! What do I need to do here? Thanks!

Bill

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:43:15 +0100, "Stefan Blom"

wrote:
Indeed, there is no hurry to install something that would be slow on your
current computer! *Windows 7 works just fine for me, but sooner or later it
will be necessary to replace it, of course. I'll cross that bridge when I
have to... :-)

For what it's worth, I'd choose Firefox over Google Chrome, because Chrome
seems to create a mess if you ever want to uninstall it (see
http://www.slipstick.com/general/why...stall-chrome/).