Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Bill is offline

Default How does one "Show text boundary in 2007"

That was a very good suggestion! I mentioned that this is a very large
file (~1.8M), created some time ago and updated regularly and
ultimately converted to html and uploaded to a website. I went through
the entire file, line-by-line (no small task, as you might expect!)
and found a number of tabs (almost all of them in the blank spaces) &
a few "down arrow" tabs that were located in that 1" between the left
side of the text and the left margin. All of these were either deleted
or moved to their proper place.

Unfortunately, the 1" gap between the text box and the left side of
the text is still there! I'm at my wits end and almost sorry that I
even clicked the "show text box"!!!!!! Anyway, I'm willing to pursue
this further if you have any other suggestions. Thanks for your
patience!

Bill

On Mon, 20 May 2013 14:24:09 -0700 (PDT), "Peter T. Daniels"
wrote:

I wonder ... if there's a single paragraph, anywhere in the document,
even an empty one, that's had its left margin moved left of where it
should be -- or maybe the ghost of a text box or a graphic -- would
that cause the outline to have to clear it?

On May 20, 4:03*pm, Bill wrote:
Stefan,

See my last post to Peter!

Bill

On Mon, 20 May 2013 20:13:43 +0200, "Stefan Blom"

wrote:
What is the margin setting in the Page Setup dialog box?

Have indents been applied to text?