dcn1396

Default footnotes with multiple sections

I have a very long technical document (350+ pages) broken up into sections.
My footnotes are continuous by section, for example: 3-1, 3-2, 3-3.....

My problem occurs when I have footnotes on multiple pages in the same
section. At the beginning of section 3 I have footnotes 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4,
3-5, and 3-6. At the bottom of the next page of section 3 I have more
footnotes that should start with 3-7. Instead they start with 3-9 (the
numbering jumps from 3-6 to 3-9).

This is a very large, complex document with a lot of links hidden in the
text. I believe it was originally written with WordPerfect (a long time
ago). I am tasked with fixing this footnote problem and would like to know
if there is an easy way to fix the formatting problem