Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Insert a future date

I take it you are using the macro?

mask = "d MMMM yyyy" ' Set Date format
Default = "-30" ' Set default.

Will insert the date 30 days in the past? ie 13 December 2005
What do you have for these two settings?

Did you checkout the link that has examples of using fields for this?

Bryan L wrote:
Graham,

I've used your sample on the linked page and it works great for future
dates; however, I can't get it to work properly with negative numbers
for past dates. For example, if I change the Delay to a negative
number, the merged document gets a calculated date even further in
the future than its positive equivalent. Has anyone else run across
this and found a solution? I've looked at the code, but before I try
a deep step-by-step analysis I want to make sure I'm not reinventing
the wheel (not to mention I don't think I'm qualified to necessarily
get it right!).
Thanks,

Bryan

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm

This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to get Word
(2003) to insert a future date. For example, insert the date that
is 30 days from the current date.

Thanks for any help. I can't believe the time I've spent trying to
figure this out.