Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Recovered text in Word 2007

You can view metadata in Word 2003 with the script editor ALT+SHIFT+F11
I don't know anything about Word 2007, other than the file formats are not
the same.

Sue wrote:
Thank you for replying.
I created both documents from a blank document in Word 2007. No
copy/paste, nothing fancy. Just plain text, and a few Numbered
heading styles in one of those two.
The reason I went into Recoverd Text is because I've been tasked with
learning about different ways of viewing metadata.

Documents don't open in gibberish on my 2003 machine.

thanks
Sue

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Recovery is a means whereby a corrupt document can be viewed, with
the possibility of recovering some of the text it contained. If that
corruption has caused the document to contain gibberish, that is
what you will see. More important questions would be why the
document is corrupt and why you need to open it with the recovery
option?

Sue wrote:
Using Word 2007 I've noticed that the text is scrambled gibberish
when opening as Recovered Text. Is this a new 'feature' Microsoft
has put out? Any help is appreciated.