See the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"Bob" wrote in message
phideaux wrote in message

1. How do I edit the normal.dot template that loads when Word loads? I
get the prompt to save changes to normal.dot, but the changes don't
actually get saved. When I re-open word, the old normal.dot reappears.

and on 20-Apr-2005, "Charles Kenyon"
wrote:

Question 1. Do you have Acrobat 7 installed? If so write back for
workarounds; this program has a botched Add-In for Word that is the

usual
reason that people can't save changes to normal.dot.

I have the same problem, and I have Acrobat 7 Pro installed. I'd love to
find a fix.

Thanks,
Bob