CyberTaz

Default Color Printing

Hi Chris-

This is an interesting poser. I don't know that I'm right, but I have some
thoughts on it...

Word doesn't work on a concept of 'pages' as we think of it, nor does it
determine whether the job will be printed in color, B&W or grayscale. It
simply sends the doc info to the printer. It is the printer's settings that
determine how the job is rendered on paper as well as how many sheets are
going to be needed. (Obviously the printer can't generate color if the info
isn't in the file .)

It would seem that the count, then, also should be a matter of
interpretation by the printer's logic. Does it determine the count based on
the number of printed pages which actually contain color on each page or does
it count the number of pages printed in a job involving color regardless of
the number of pages in the job where color is actually used?

Regards |:)

"Chris Pohlad-Thomas" wrote:

I had a user with a question regarding color pages. We have a leased
photocopier/printer where a counter is used to count the number of color
pages printed. We recently had a fairly high page count so the question
came about, if you print a document where one page is color, does Microsoft
designate that whole document as being color and thus even if you had 1 out
of 5 pages that were color it would register as 5 pages of color. Any
thoughts?

Chris