WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I create multiple groups of option buttons in 1 Word document

Yes, you can definitely create multiple groups of option buttons in one Word document. This will allow the user to select an option for each question without clearing the selection for the previous question.

Here's how you can create multiple groups of option buttons in Word:
  1. Click on the "Developer" tab in the ribbon. If you don't see the Developer tab, you may need to enable it in Word's options.
  2. Click on the "Legacy Tools" button in the Controls group.
  3. Select the "Option Button" control from the list.
  4. Click and drag on the document where you want to place the option button.
  5. Right-click on the option button and select "OptionButton Object" from the context menu.
  6. In the "Format Control" dialog box, enter a unique name for the option button in the "Value" field. This will help you identify which option button belongs to which question.
  7. Repeat steps 3-6 for each question you want to add option buttons to.
  8. To group the option buttons for each question, select the first option button for the first question, then hold down the "Ctrl" key and select the first option button for the second question. This will select both option buttons.
  9. Right-click on one of the selected option buttons and select "Grouping" from the context menu.
  10. Select "Group" from the submenu.
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 for each set of option buttons you want to group.

That's it! Now you have multiple groups of option buttons in your Word document, and the user can select an option for each question without clearing the selection for the previous question.