Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Default Auto Populate

That worked. You are awesome! That just saved me about an hour a day in
labor!

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I am working with a Word template and have to enter the same information in
multiple parts of the word document. Is there any way I can format the
document so that I just enter something once (like an ID#) and set the
document to automatically populate this information wherever else I designate
it to poplutate?

Yes. First, define the location where you will originally enter the info
as a bookmark. Then, in the other locations, insert a cross-reference to
that bookmark.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers