Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Can Date Automatically Appear in Document Name

What's the point of this? Whenever you save a document, the file is date &
time stamped anyway. Switch Explorer to 'details' view and save yourself a
lot of programming grief.

Mike wrote:
I would like to be able to modify my normal template such that when I
save my documents as "document name" the document is saved as
"document name" 2005-12-25.doc

Thus all of my saved documents would have the date built into the
name. Is it possible to have this automatically done without having
to type the date every time I save a document?