garfield-n-odie

Click somewhere on on the 5th page, and then click on View | Header and
Footer. Make sure your cursor is in the Section 2 header. If you are in the
Section 1 header, then press the DownArrow key until you are in the Section 2
header. Turn off the "same as previous" button by clicking on it. Arrow
down to the Section 2 footer and turn off "same as previous" there too.
Arrow up to the Section 1 header or footer where the page number is located,
and delete the page number.

"BUTTERFLY" wrote:

I'm using XP operating system along with office 2003. I'm @ the moment
working on a documentation and would like to begin my numbering from the 5th
page as #2, which I managed to get done, but then the 4 pages above this
including the cover page has numbers 2-5, these numbers I'm trying to delete.
Unfortunately whenever I try to delete them, my whole document's numbering
just disappears. Could some-one please help.