Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default word 2010 beta problems

On Nov 26, 10:25*pm, Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com gordon
(dot)bentleymix(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
Did you try adjusting the zoom setting in your browser? Or maybe you pressed
Ctrl+h when you meant to press Ctrl+Home? Perhaps there's a problem with your
normal.dotx? Did you rely on the documentation to tell you want the page is
supposed to do instead of looking at the code and seeing what it actually
does? Or could it be that someone has taken control of your computer? Or your
mind?
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Can't tell, since there was no evident way to sign up!

On Nov 26, 3:24 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Does it really require signing up for Office Live or just for a Live ID (the
latest version of Passport)?

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
The first one would be, How do I get it? I went to Yves's link, saw
that I wouldn't expect to use any of the 10 "improvements" anyway
(though the one that recovers unsaved documents might be handy), but
if it can handle newly added Unicode ranges, then I need it, clicked
the Download button, and it took me to a page asking me to "Sign in."
Signing in didn't work, so it suggested that maybe I need to sign _up_
first. But (a) that apparently means signing up for "Office Live,"
which I see from threads here can be quite problematic, and (b) there
wasn't any hint of how to sign up.

On Nov 26, 12:28 pm, Jay Freedman wrote:

Ah, so it is... I foresee a lot of unanswerable questions in this
newsgroup, then.

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:09:05 +0100, "Yves Dhondt"

wrote:
Jay,

The beta is public now
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx) so I doubt there
are
any restrictions on where to talk about it.

Yves

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
If you need any additional help with this problem, please don't post
in the public forum. Problems with the beta are under your
nondisclosure agreement. Instead, post in the setup and installation
forum on Connect -- you should have gotten instructions on how to find
the beta forums when you got your invitation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:03:17 +0100, "Yves Dhondt"
wrote:

Do you have any addins installed? If so, try starting Word with the
/safe
option and disable them.

Yves

"Brock Sampson" wrote in
message
I have been recently invited to participate in Office 2010 beta and I
am
having probs with word 2010 beta...Always at open, it encounters an
error
and
has to close. All the other office programs work just fine! (outlook,
access,
excel etc all ok)

On the top bar it does show word fails validation, all the other
programs
validate just fine....I have tried the repair option, completely
removed
all
office products, run tools like CCleaner, complete reinstall and
revalidate
and fully updated MS updates and of course needed reboots. I am
running
XP
Pro SP3

But I still have the same issue-any ideas?
--
Brock Sampson
GO TEAM VENTURE!--

Or it could that the crows, what few of them are left, have conspired
to prevent him from getting access to the Word2010 Beta.