Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default TABLES BREAKING ACROSS PAGE

Check the "wandering frame" discussion at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm to see if
that might account for the shift.

"William" wrote in message
Hi macropod,

I have checked the margins on the page on which the table begins and the
Set-up/Multiple Pages is set to "Normal." Gutter position is 0 pts on
both
pages, and the gutter position is"Left." Right and Left margins are the
same
on both pages.

Here is another "hint" from a 2nd table in the same document. The table
starts on one page, and splits itself onto the subsequent page. The split
occurs mid-cell. The half of the cell that splits onto the 2nd page is
about
1/4" askew to the right (not the left as in the first table cited), but
then
the cells immediately below the 1/2 cell that has split onto the second
page
are line up with the table on the first page. In other words, I have a
table
that starts on one page and continues on a 2nd, but the lower half of the
cell that is splitt between the pages is askew to the right.
--
William

"macropod" wrote:

Hi William,

Check your page set-up - you've probably got different left & right
margins and/or a gutter, and the document is set up for mirrored
margins.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"William" wrote in message
WORD 2003/xp

I have a table that is too large to fit on one page, and so it
automatically
splits itself onto the second page. However, when I place the cursor
in the
last cell on the right of the bottom row and press tab, I get a row
whose
cell margins do not line up with the row above. The number of cells
are
correct (5), but they are all shifted to the left about 1/4 inch.
--
William