I wondered about that, too, as I was pretty sure CreateDate had been
suggested already in this thread.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
I'm just curious. How did you manage to "not think about a CreateDate
field" when I suggested it twice?

I've reproduced what I said below--was there something unclear about the
phrasing that I could improve for the future? Suggestions welcome.

On 9/12/05 11:10 AM, "jeanmac" wrote:

I am creating a template which will be used again and again, the date

will
change each time the template is used. I hadn't thought about using a
CreateDate field, of course it will change every time the template is

used.
Thankyou!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you can't use a CreateDate field?

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Where is this date coming from? What does it signify? If it matches

one of
Word's predefined fields--for instance "date doc was created" "date

doc was
last saved" "date doc was last printed"--using one of those will be

by far
be the easiest way, and will let you put the date in the header.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Is the date related to the doc in any way? E.g., you could use a
CreateDate field in two places.