Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Clicking to position the cursor at end of line

Word doesn't normally behave the way you describe. Every (English)
version I've ever seen leaves the cursor at the end of the line when
you click to the right.

It's possible that you've somehow gotten a right-to-left language
enabled, maybe by pasting something from another document or web page.
Look in Control Panel Regional and Language Options Languages, and
also in Start Programs Microsoft Office Office Tools Language
Settings, to see if you have support enabled for anything other than
English.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:32:57 -0700, Scott Meyers
wrote:

I often find myself wanting to click the mouse to put the cursor at the end of
the last line of a paragraph so I can continue editing there. Unfortunately, I
find that when I do this, Word often selects the entire line, which I then
overwrite when I start typing. Not what I want. Instead, it seems that I have
to either click somewhere very close to the last character in the line or click
somewhere in the line, then hit "End" to move to the end of the line. This is
slower and, to me, extremely counterintuitive -- none of the other programs I
use regularly behaves this way.

Can somebody explain to me why Word selects the line I'm clicking to the right
of and how this behavior could possibly benefit me? Also, is there any way to
turn this behavior off?

I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks,

Scott