Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Using "send to/mail recipient (as attachement)" in Word 2003

AFAIK, the default mail program must be MAPI compliant to be able to use the
FileSend command. That is, you would have to set OE, or Outlook as the
default mail program.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dan" wrote in message
According to
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f0e4a34f9e060b

and several other messages turned up by searching the archived Word
newsgroups via Google Groups for Thunderbird and Email, Thunderbird is
not MAPI compliant.

Huh, I thought it was. Is there any work around for this? My wife
prefers to use Tbird for email, it's a new PC, I'm assuming Outlook
Express is loaded, might it be possible to use OE just for this purpose,
while leaving Tbird as the default for email?