Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Find and Replace

ASCII 8 (he says, consulting his DOS QBASIC handbook! -- glad I didn't throw
it away)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, actually backspace is a character in the sense that it has an ASCII
code (though I've forgotten what it is). I wonder if it would be possible
enter it as an ASCII symbol.

so
all may benefit.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
No, there isn't, because a backspace isn't a character.

Tell us what you're trying to accomplish, and probably we can tell you
how
to do it. The answer may involve a wildcard search
(http://gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Is there a way to indicate a backspace in the Replace dialog box?