Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Attach template does not copy contents

Attaching a template to a document provides styles, AutoText, macros, and
toolbars. It does not add document-level formatting (page layout) or
content. To get these, you must create a new document based on the template
and insert your file into it.

"Sukhi" wrote in message
Hello everyone
I create new document from custom build template -- "objWord.Documents.Add
Template:=strPath....

Then I need to add some more text to document depending on certain
conditions, which I saved as 3 different templates (couple of pages each).

When I attach template:--
objWord.selection.insertbreak wdpagebreak
objWord.ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate = Template name

I dont see any of my text. However, if I am creating new document with

any
of above templates, its ok.

I need to have all of it in one document, starting new page for each
template, because user just need to press print and post.
please be rest assured that your help is greatly appreciated.