Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S. Bevins S. Bevins is offline

Default Insert source texts into multiple files and update automatical

I am not sure if anyone is still watching this post, but I believe my issue
is related so I will try.

I am using Word 2007 and am inserting text from files as links.

Michael, I also had an issue with cross references. Mine give the
Error!Reference Not Found error. I have avoided this issue by using bookmarks
and links instead of cross references.

The issue I have not overcome yet is numbering. When I insert a linked file,
the numbered lists in the inserted file do not retain their numbering. Ex:
There is a source files with 3 lists numbered 1 to 10. When it is inserted a
linked files the lists are numbered from 1 to 30 (1 to 10, 11 to 20, and 21
to 30) instead of 1 to 10, 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.

I can fix this by going to the start of each list and restarting the
numbering, but every time I update the linked file, the list goes back to the
continuous numbering. Is there a solution to this?

Also, Rob, I am not sure that I understand your 2nd issue totally, but I
have found that if I have styles with the same name in my source &
destination documents, when I change the style format in the destination
document, the linked text reflects the format of the destination document.
(While the format in the source document remains the same.)