Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Dummy letters on mail merge

Select all of the rows in the Excel spreadsheet after the last record and
press Delete. There may be spaces in some of the cells in those rows that
are resulting in them being treated as records.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cynthia" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 SP2 and Excel 2003 SP2. I have 347 names and
addresses
on a spreadsheet as my database for my mail merge. When I merge
information
into the form letter, I end up with over 3,000 letters. The 347 I need
are
correct, but the others are blank or "dummy" letters. Right now, I am
manually deleting these letters after merging and before printing.

Is there a way to delete or avoid creating these dummy letters prior to
creating the merged letters?
--
Cynthia