Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default FlashCards

No macro is really necessary if MSE is using individual index cards. All
that is required is to create the fronts and backs of the cards in sequence
as you would any other duplex document, then print as you would any duplex
document. You can use a duplexing printer or Word's "Manual duplex" setting,
or you can just print all the odd pages, flip the output are reinsert,
reverse the print order, and print the even pages.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You will either need a duplexing printer or you will need to print the
fronts and backs separately. Either way you will need to ensure that you
have the correct data on the back of the correct label. For that you will
need a macro. See http://www.gmayor.com/duplex_merge_data.htm

MSE wrote:
I am trying to format MS Word to make flashcards. I want to create a
Word doc that will print, onto blank 3x5 index cards, The vocabulary
word, on the front and the vocabulary word definition on the back?

For example, let's say I type, 20 vocabulary words and their
definitions. I want to be able to take 20 index cards put them on
the printer tray and have MS Word print all 20 flashcards on both
sides.

In addition to looking for suggestions about how I should format MS
Word in order to do this, I am also wondering if you can recommend a
printer with the capability to print on both sides in one shot.

Do you have any ideas about how I might pull this off?