Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default why can't i type in plain text control boxes?

Word 2007 content controls are designed to be used with the form
unprotected. If you want to have a protected form and tab between the
fields, use the legacy form fields, to which end you will find -
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful.

"Fiona" wrote in message
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the
option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and
protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content
control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next
content
control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to
do
is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next.