Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Automated way to merge and remove hard returns in a column

Although there may be other ways to do this, I'd still do it the way you
have been. That is, convert the text to a table, then select all the rows
in Column B that belong together and merge them. Merge the corresponding
rows in A and C as well. Then use Find and Replace (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm) to remove the
paragraph breaks. Even using column-select, I can't see any more efficient
way to handle it.

"Ed Sheehan" wrote in message
I have created a table from a report. One column has many words, which

wrap
into several rows during 'convert text to table,' while all the other
columns could fit on one row, as shown in Fig. A. I would like to end up
like Fig. B, but It's a real PITA to do the merges and return-removals
manually. Anyone got a solution? I'm happy to massage the data externally

if
necessary.

|COLUMN1 |COLUMN2 |COLUMN3 |
|----------|------------|----------|