Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Save a mail merge main doc as separate records?

The only place that it will appear in the ribbon is if you go the the
Developer tab and click on the Document Template item and look at the
Templates tab of the Templates and Add-ins dialog and the MMtoDocsRevnn.dot
item should appear there with a check mark against it.

There is no macro that you have to select and run to create the separate
documents. Just follow the steps on the website - Click on Edit Individual
Letters and after dealing with the dialog in which you can select the
records to be merged, the add-in then intercepts the Word merge operation
and the dialog that asks if you want to create a separate document for each
record will appear.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Debs1967" wrote in message
news
Thanks Graham, I looked on your site and followed the link to Doug
Robbins'
Word Add-in for individually saving merged documents. I've extracted the
add-in to where instructed but it isn't showing on the ribbon and nothing
happens when I finalise a mailmerge. Do you know what I've done wrong
please? I started Word before Outlook and from the start menu after
extracting the add-in. I don't have an Add-in tab on the ribbon. Thank
you!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

Cranberry1711 wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to quickly break down a mail merged document into it's
individual records so as to save each letter as a separate file
please?