Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Show comments in balloons and no mark up or review pane

That will cause the editing to appear inline. To print (to paper or
pdf) a document where the comments show but not the markup, under
"Show Markup" uncheck "Insertions and Deletions" and "Formatting."

On Oct 10, 8:29*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
In the Track Changes Options dialog box, for "Use Balloons (Print and Web
Layout only)," choose "Only for comments/formatting." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan Il" wrote in message

Hi All, Vista and Office 2007

I am running into problems with the reviewing toolbar, specifically, I
cannot get a version of a document that will show comments, but, not final
mark up. *If I try to add a comment it automatically opens a reviewing pane
which I don't want. *I want to be able to send my writer a corrected version
that shows my comments (notes) in balloons, but, it doesn't show all the
changes, and I also want that version on my screen which I can't get unless
I brought it to the newer computer this way, (from my old computer).
However, a doc that has been emailed to me and I am correcting on the new
computer, I can't get comments without showing mark up. *The document being
emailed to me is in 2003 format. *How can I set it in 2007 so that I can
show the comments in the balloons and not have the review pane or mark up?

Jan