Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I change the character that prints as the nonbreakinghyph

Do you mean literally prints?

Do you have the AutoFormat As You Type box checked for making two
hyphens turn into an em-dash? If you do, that (for who knows what
reason) also causes any hyphen at the beginning of a word (such as a
suffix written separately: -est) turn into an en-dash.

On Feb 14, 8:03*pm, NickC wrote:
When I insert a non-breaking hyphen, Word 2007 changes the hyphen to an
en-dash or minus sign (significantly larger). It shows correctly in the
symbol selection tab under Insert Symbols. It does not matter which method I
use (quick key or Insert menu), the longer character appears.

How can I change the character to display correctly?