Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Index - how create range of pages

OK, I did that, updated the index again and the page ranges didn't show in
the newly created index. What am I missing? I need more clarification,
sorry.
Phyllis
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to bookmark the range (select the pages and insert a bookmark),
then enter that bookmark in the Mark Index Entry dialog.

"Phyllis" wrote in message
news
When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as Pollution is

the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only with

air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can do the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped. I've

followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have tried using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any

suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.