Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Inconsistent capitalization in Table of Contents

I frequently use All Caps for Heading 1, and I do type in C&lc; the TOC acts
as a check, but sometimes I toggle All Caps on the headings and look them
over before generating the TOC to make sure I've got them right.

"PeterP" wrote in message
That makes sense (I guess!). Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If your heading style is "All Caps," then the TOC reflects whatever you
would see if you removed the All Caps formatting from the headings.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PeterP" wrote in message
When I ran a new Table of Contents in a document, why did some of the

TOC
headings come out with some in uppercase, some in title case, and one
lowercase, when all of my headings are uppercase?