Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 - Connect/Merge multiple docs to 1

Whoops, I think I read too fast. I saw Insert | Object and missed the "is
not it" part.

The Insert File is still there too, now called Text From File, it's found by
clicking the arrow to the right of the Object button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But Insert | Object usually inserts an OLE object; does Insert | Object in
Word 2007 replace Insert | File? In earlier versions, Insert | Object |
Create from File inserts an object created in another application.

so
all may benefit.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
It's almost the same - the Object dialog box can be found on the Insert

tab,
in the Text group in Word 2007.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and earlier, you would use Insert | File, selecting
"Insert
as
Link." This would create an IncludeText field (see
http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext.htm). Presumably there is something
similar in Word 2007, but Insert | Object is not it.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JulieSan" wrote in message
I'd like to have 18 main documents (all different authors) that I can
merge
into one parent document. Whenever one of the main docs is updated I

want
the
content updated automatically in the parent document (when opened).

I've
tried the "Insert Object text file" function but it doesn't

"connect"
the
two docs so that changes made to main doc1 update in the parent. Any
suggestions? It's like I want the old "paste-link" function from

Excel..