Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smaruzzi smaruzzi is offline

Default Auto numbered paragraphs in Word 2007

Pamc,

when should i select it? I thought the logical sequence of action would have
been:

- select heading one based on no style;
- remove any form of indemtation;
- set the numbering attribute (but multilevel is not accessible from within
it)
- select other lower heading levels, and base each one of the on the
previous style so that to "inherit" the numbering attribute.

Apparently it doesn't work like that.

Stefano

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Did you set the numbering sequence through the multilevel list icon on the
Home ribbon?

PamC

smaruzzi wrote:
I'm lost. I guess this is pretty simple in Word 2007, but cannot find a
solution. I based heading 1 on no-style, and all subsequent ones on thet
style. But it doesn't seem to "remember" the numbering sequence when i create
a paragraph of lower level.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks, Stefano