Robert M. Franz

Hi Wojtek

Qreg wrote:
I don't want to advocate LaTeX since I've never sensibly used it

myself,
but for documents with a lot of equations, I'd seriously consider it.

I wanted to write it in LaTeX, but the problem there is that not everybody
can edit LaTeX documents (more knowledge is needed) and the main issue is
that my Profesor uses don't know it.

I see what you mean. Just make sure that your professor knows how to use
Word. Make sure he doesn't use AutoFormatAsYouType options that you
don't like beeing used on that file.

Yeah, You can always tell when a document was writen with LaTeX from its
looks

Unless someone was handling LaTeX badly: I've seen _such_ documents, too!

But I think that Word offers decent trade-off between the ease of
use and the quality of documents.

Yes it does, for some types of documents in any case. Just don't expect
every user who "knows Word beceause he's written a letter before" to be
able to handle your document. At least not if you value your document!

So for now I'll evaluate MathType and stick to Word Heretic's advices on
working with Master Documents, and in the mean time still look for better
solutions.

Then make sure your professor does edit the Subdocuments only. Don't
give them access to the master!

Greetinx
Robert
--