Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ac@kellettcorp.com is offline

Default Cursor Size

On Feb 15, 12:44 pm, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
I don't see how settings for the Command Prompt could make a
difference in Word.

But note that you can use auto macros in normal.dot to apply the "zoom
fix." See the examples athttp://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Over The Hill" wrote in message

There is supposed to be permanent fix by accessing the Command

Prompt. I
tried it but it doesn' change the size either. Go to
START-ACCESSORIES-COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on the diaglog box

title and
SELECT Defaults, then check the size under OPTIONS - maybe it will

work for
you - it didn't for me so it is still a mystery. Using the ZOOM

procedure
works but is only temporary for the current document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's unlikely anyone will be able to come up with a permanent fix

until
someone figures out what's causing it, and so far apparently no

one knows.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Neil McCready" Neil wrote in

message
I have the same problem, and it can be fixed by changing the

zoom or by
changing to Read layout and back again. But I find these are

temporary
fixes
and when I close out of Word and go back in, the problem is

there again.
My
small cursor has only appeared in the last day or so.

Does anyone know of a permanent fix ??

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3

size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be

some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it

happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.- Hide quoted text -

I know this is a bit late and many of you may have found a cure but I
thought I would post the solution I used to solve the problem for any
future sufferers:

1) Shut down Microsoft Word (and Outlook if it uses Word).
2) Go to Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft
\Templates and rename normal.dot to "normal1.dot".
3) Start Word, close the blank document that appears, and load the
'problem' document template (now normal1.dot) using file-open and
navigating to it as in 2).
4) Correct the cursor (if neccesary) and add a toolbar using view-
toolbars (I selected 'Email').
5) Save the document and exit Word
rename "normal1.dot" back to "normal.dot"
7) restart Word and remove the toolbar you added (just to return to
your previous layout).

This worked for me so I hope it is a universal fix.