Charles Kenyon

Checkbox Template.dot is my creation, I think. At least I distribute such a
template. For others reading this, if I am right, the checkbox template is a
global template enabling macrobutton checkboxes and providing the macros and
AutoText entries for them. It can be downloaded from
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm. BTW, Brenda, if it is my checkbox
template, there will be a line under the help menu "About Checkbox Add-In
Template." Please check this, because if it is my template and there are
questions I could post code.

I am assuming that these are macrobutton checkboxes rather than forms field
checkboxes. Does user B have some different font in normal style? Not have
symbol fonts installed? I would still expect there to be a blank box.

For Brenda's description to be accurate, User B is either not seeing the
display text from a macrobutton field or not seeing a symbol checkbox
(checked or unchecked). I don't have a clue how this would happen but
thought clarification might help.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
Word 2002
User A did not create the document in question and has no knowledge of how
it was put together.

User A emails a document to me that contains checkboxes. I see the boxes
and can check and uncheck at will - everything works fine. I have
Checkbox
Template.dot in my Startup folder.

User A emails the same document to User B who does not SEE the boxes at
all.
No checked or unchecked boxes of any kind. The document is what you would
assume would be a form, setup with text within a table structure, but it
is
not locked, as it was not locked when I looked at it.

Question:
If this document is using Checkbox Template.dot, I would expect User B to
see the boxes, just not be able to change their status to check/unchecked.

Why does User B not see ANY checkboxes at all? (Hint: It is NOT Picture
Placeholders. I just tried that.)