Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default "Same as previous" doesn't stay set

Intermittent issues are very difficult to troubleshoot, of course... :-(

I agree that it seems unlikely that a section break outside of the front
matter would affect the front matter.

Just in case the document is damaged, you could try the following (on a COPY
of the document): Delete all the section breaks, copy the content (except
for the final paragraph mark) into a new document, and then recreate the
section breaks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" u3143@uwe wrote in message
We can't see much of a pattern except that we were doing ordinary work on
the
document. The times that it happened may have involved adding a new
section
in the main body that does use "keep with previous". Could this affect the
front matter where this feature is off? (Seems to me it shouldn't, but
this
is Word.)

Stefan Blom wrote:
OK. Under which circumstances does "Same as previous" get activated again?
Can you see a pattern?

The point I was trying to make in an earlier message was that if you add a
new section, "Same as previous" will be switched on by default (even if
the
option is turned off in the existing sections).

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN