Sue Hughes

Thank you Doug,
This will be a big time saver. Just a wonder, 'why in the world did MS do
that?'. No reply expected. ;-)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

That's the way they designed it - Crazy. But two things you can do. Go to
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

and you will find a version of the dialog that you do not have to close each
time, or, from the Tools menu, select Customize and then go to the Commands
tab and select the All Commands category and then locate the Insert Merge
Fields item and click and drag it onto a toolbar. I would suggest that you
turn on the display of the Mailmerge toolbar (ViewToolbars) and at it to
that. You will then be able to insert the mergefields in the same way as
was done in Word before XP.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sue Hughes" wrote in message
Upgrading to Word 2003, I can't believe I need to Insert a field and close
the dialog box, just to move to another location of the document, and
repeat
all the steps again.
What am I missing???