Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default Open word in text mode

You can't really have both... but you can Paste Special as unformatted text
and save as text...
Ref:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/p...oft_word.ht m
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Jay Douglas" wrote in message
I would like to open Word in text mode. Basically so it saves files in
.txt
mode and copy-paste copies text instead of Word format. I would like to
create a short cut with command switches or something similar to open word
in this text format without loosing the default Word format of word. In
short, I'm trying to create a super notepad. I've searched, but am unable
to find a solution. Any suggestions and/or links are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jay