It is very easy to overlook the Propagate Labels step, which copies your
design (including merge fields) from one label to the rest on the page. I
haven't used the Mail Merge Wizard enough to tell you exactly where that
step occurs (I create my merges the old-fashioned way; see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...MailMerges.htm), but if you will
back up a bit, you should see an inconspicuous instruction that uses some
other word besides "propagate" but to the same general effect. Ah, wait, the
KB article "How to use the mail merge to create mailing labels in Word 2002"
at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294684 tells me that the instruction
is "Update all labels."

"Bill Seymour" wrote in message
Thaks Suzanne, that's closer. I now get a couple of hundred pages with

one
membership card per page. the mail merge doesn't seem to fill the table,

it
only places items in the first table cell on each page. This is pretty

much
the same result I had with the original attempt using the business card
templates, except that I'm only getting on per page instead of several
identical ones per page. Word 2003 BTW, if that helps.

Bill

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you mention that this was a mail merge? Well, you just select Labels

for
the merge type. Create the mail merge main document with the desired

card
layout and include merge fields for the variable information. How you go
about this will depend on your version of Word. For information on Word

2000
and earlier, see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm.
For Word 2002/2003, see