Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Linked text boxed in Word 2007 do not work correctly

Since you cannot select the text boxes with Ctrl+A, you may find it easier to
use a macro to update the fields inside them. For an example, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Data Guy" wrote:

I am very concerned with the very buggy Word 2007. I have a legacy
document (word 2003) that I attempted to work with in Word 2007. I
could not bring in linked text boxes. I had to re-import 150 of them
(this took 6 hours). Now, I cannot get the document to update the
entire document at one time. This worked fine in Word 2003, but does
not work now. I select the entire document (cntl-A) and then click
any one of the several update function (Fn-9, Cntl-Shift-F7), nothing
works. I have to go through the entire document, table by table, and
push F9 for each one.

Do people actually TEST this product before putting it out?